I’ll mostly use this as a place to post site updates, but there may be some other thoughts from time to time.
- Creation Stories trailerThe trailer for the forthcoming biopic of Alan McGee, Creation Stories, has just appeared on YouTube. And towards the end, McGee is seen wearing an iconic T-shirt. Very authentic looking, if it’s not an original, although I don’t think I’ve seen a long sleeve version before. McGee was a big fan of Spacemen 3, and very nearly signed them to Creation. The NME reported that a deal had been done, and the band’s name had started to appear in Creation literature. It wasn’t to be in the end. Creation couldn’t offer an advance, so the Spacemen opted for Fire. Thus […]
- Live review – ULU, 20 May 1988Added a review of the 20 May 1988 ULU gig, taken from the 28 May Melody Maker. Shame it’s not a better one! With many thanks to @nothingelseon on Twitter.
- Spiritualized Album ReissuesLooks like Spiritualized are in the process of re-releasing their first four albums. Check out their official website, where you can order Lazer Guided Melodies and various other bits of tie-in merchandise.
- Sonic Cathedral poster zinesJust got hold of this bundle of poster zines from Sonic Cathedral, one of which includes at short joint interview with Pete Kember and Dean Wareham about the final days of Spacemen 3. Lots of other stuff as well, and only £6 in the UK. You can get them from here.
- Ticket for 20/5/88 ULU gigIt doesn’t mention Spacemen 3 by name unfortunately, but it’s still nice to be able to add the ticket for the 20 May 1988 ULU gig to its page. This was Pete Bain’s last gig, and although Rosco had left a little while before, he made a return here while the band were still without a permanent drummer, so this could be seen as the final moment of the era of The Perfect Prescription. Thanks to Mark Lascelles for the ticket.